Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Final: Part 1


The Interdisciplinary Unit Showcase was a really good experience because I had never done nothing like it before, although it was quite difficult. Starting the project me and my group got the disease “Congestive Heart Failure” which is when blood doesn’t get to all parts of the body and fluid builds up. It was great because I actually got to learn about the disease, and that there is different types of heart diseases. We had to do an essay and a power point. For the essay everyone got a paragraph to do. Whether it was the introduction or conclusion or an argument, we all got one paragraph. We then put it together.  got the first argument paragraph to do. I didn’t like the fact that we had to come dressed to school and all, but it was kind of fun. I know this was our first year doing this, and it was a fun experience and hopefully we get to do it again. We had many weeks to work on it and get it done. I was really nervous when it was time for the actual showcase, because it was going to be a grade for all the classes and that is very nerve-racking. Also because professionals were going to come see us present. That really freaked me out, because I dislike public speaking and giving presentations, and especially in front of very important people. I am very glad its over with and that we made it. The day of the showcase I came to school all ready to present. I hadn’t studied my index cards very well so I was nervous. My teammates were also really nervous. We were going to present in Ms. Ross’s room and I saw through the door all these women sitting down. we then proceeded to go inside the room, and they presented themselves. We then started to present, I was second to speak. When it was my turn I tried to remember all the tips and what to do and how to act and say it. You were supposed to maintain eye contact with the audience and speak loud and clear. I hadn’t memorized my cards so I was constantly looking down at them because I couldn’t remember, but I still tried to maintain eye contact. I feel like I did speak loud and clear, although I did stutter a little bit. Overall I think it was a great experience and it was fun. I hope I got a good grade because I feel like I put a lot of effort in it. I don’t think I could’ve done it without my teammates. So I am thankful for the teammates I got because we all helped each other. I hope I could get to do this experience again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment