Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the firsts Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of Thanksgiving were celebrated. Native people of North America have held ceremonies to give thanks to successful harvests, for the hope of a good growing season in the early spring, and for other good fortune such as the birth of a child. Giving thanks was, and still is, the primary reason for ceremonies or celebrations.

Reflection: What I am very thankful for is…
1. That I have a roof over my head and food on the table every day.
2. That I am alive and healthy.
3. That I have a loving family.
4. To have friends who care for me and help me become a better person.
5. To still have my father in my life.
6. Being happy and not being miserable
7. Having a sister I could look up to.
8. Having the chance to wake up every morning.
9. Having a hard working mom that fights to give us what we need.
10. I am thankful for having it easy compared to other people.
11. Having a best friend who motivates me.
12. For being who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment