Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Dental Assistant

Duties and Responsibilities: The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. They assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures. They ask about the patients medical history and take blood pressure and pulse. Also help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment.

Salary: $33,761

Education: Some assistants have a high school diploma and only receive on-the-job training; however, postsecondary dental assisting programs offer more comprehensive career training.

Reflection: I don’t think I would like to become one because I don’t even like going to the dentist myself. Also I wouldn’t like to be someone’s assistant I would like to become the dentist myself instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment